Thursday, December 30, 2010

Your New Year's Goal

  Soon we begin a new year. It’s an exciting time, and a great time for setting goals. We here at the Amish Viking believe that goals should be achievable and concise. I have taken it upon myself to set forth a goal for you the reading public. (I thank all 28 of you. We almost have enough readers for one reader a day for a month. To celebrate I have contacted your local municipality and organized a firework display in your honor Friday night around 11.58, enjoy).
  Here is the goal. Draw a picture of the Amish Viking. I would like this blog to take on a whole new dimension. Since I don’t have money for those 3D special effects I will do it this way. I would like for you to illustrate the Amish Viking as described in the stories. Or create a scene and I’ll see if I can create a worthy story. I have no idea how this will work. I also do not know much about putting pictures up in the blog or how to give credit to the illustrator. I will be looking for help.
  There are a few things I do know, some illustration boundaries if you will. They pertain to the Amish Viking and his look. Like the real Amish, He has no facial features. Like the real Vikings, He has a big red beard and wears big black boots. He likes simple clothes that can best be categorized as “Sand Goth.” The term “Sand Goth” was dubbed by my niece this past Christmas. (Copy right laws forbid me from naming her, but she knows who she is). Put simply he likes tan in all its hues. But his is able to wear other colors.
  Each picture will be a one pane celebration of whimsical story telling. Do not take too long to create it. I realize I cannot control your creative process, beyond the above mentioned illustration boundaries, but I don’t want you to spend more time on the picture that I do on the stories. Sketch something, come back to it later in the day, make adjustments, and then send it to me.
  I do not want spam or uninvited correspondence. To send your picture to my email you have to figure out the address. Look at the top of this page and choose the most obvious email name, its provided by that really big search engine that rhymes with schoogle. This is the first test to see if you can be part of the blog. It is also the hardest part. At this point I plan to post the pictures that I receive. (If I find them offensive or inappropriate I will simply delete them). If this gets really big I might have to create more boundaries, our illustration committee is prepared to deal with that if it ever happens. They have been asking for something to do for months.
  Your goal for the new year is to draw a picture of The Amish Viking and send it to the email that you think theamishviking might have. G isn’t eMail nice.
  I hope this proves fun for all of us. We’ll adjust as we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment