Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sunny Days are Here Again

  In an effort to follow my own instructions, I will now tell you that I am enjoying today’s mild winter weather. If you have not noticed, it is sunny outside. Not just sunny, downright delightful. Especially after all the days of frozen streets that do not allow motorcycles to drive freely. Days that demand extra layers comprised of wool and cable knits. Days that will not allow the bald amount us to walk with no lid. Today is markedly different, I left all of my cable knits and lids at home and rode off into the sunrise with little more than a leather jacket (okay, I did wear a helmet). Today is a good weather day.

  If you are reading this on the north east cost of the US I suggest you turn off the monitor/television/hand held display. I promise not to take too much time and I assure you that when you return Gilligan will still be on the island, the kid with a sword will still be searching for the princess, and our favorite local sporting team will still have a fighting chance.

  But you, my friend, have an opportunity to step out into the sun light, the light that provides reprieve from your long hard slog of a winter. If you suffer from the winter blues you could even add a walk for good measure. If you miss your time in the sun today they tell me tomorrow will be more of the same.

  However take the opportunity while it is here. I just looked ahead, and forecast is not that good. Apparently it will rain and maybe snow next week. It is still February, lest we forget. But my focus is not on possible weather next week. My focus is out the window.

  I’m sorry, have nothing more to say, I must go.

No comments:

Post a Comment